I am delighted to announce that yesterday (April 1st 2019), Mathieson Consulting Ltd became part of the Brewin Dolphin group of companies.
From your perspective this will mean initially, very little difference:
- Mathieson Consulting Ltd will continue to receive your instructions and issue the Expert Witness reports.
- The highly experienced team of Pension Expert Witnesses, Catherine Anderson (Actuary), Jonathan Galbraith (Actuary), Chris Goodwin (Actuary) Kate Routledge (Actuary) and myself will continue to write the reports, as employees of Mathieson Consulting Ltd.
- The Pension Experts will continue to be supported by the incredibly knowledgeable team of administrative staff.
Most importantly, we will be maintaining our independence as neutral, Single Joint Experts.
Longer term, there will be benefits for all of our instructing solicitors, but our independence will not be compromised, and we will continue trading as Mathieson Consulting Ltd, part of the Brewin Dolphin group of companies. The benefits Brewin Dolphin, as a FTSE 250 company will be bringing to bear, include:
- Capital and HR resources which will enable us to recruit further Pension Experts / Witnesses to meet demand for our reports, and reduce delivery time; this is the priority of both Mathieson Consulting Ltd and Brewin Dolphin Plc.
- IT support which again will improve efficiency and delivery times.
- Access to an outstanding team of economic researchers and quantitative analysts which will add to the robustness of our economic assumptions and modelling of future pension income.
I am so excited about this new era, because with the help of Brewin Dolphin Plc, I expect Mathieson Consulting Ltd to enhance further its reputation as being the leading provider of expert witness reports in the field of pensions and divorce. We also plan to expand from the discipline of family law and provide our high-quality expert witness advice to other areas of law where expert input in relation to pensions is required such as personal injury, trusts and employment tribunals. We will offer actuarial expertise in clear English, in a highly efficient, but still personal, manner.
CEO Mathieson Consulting Ltd